Park View Primary School
Rules for Using Lockers
In line with our school’s efforts to improve our pupils’ wellbeing and to create a better learning environment, each pupil will be assigned a locker outside his/her classroom.
1. Use of Lockers:
- Each pupil will be assigned either of the following two types of lockers.
- P1 Pupils only: Lockers that require a key to open up the locker door.
- P2 – 6 Pupils: Lockers that need to be secured by an external padlock.
- Kindly take note of the rules of use for each type.
For P1 Lockers with Key:
- Each pupil is issued a locker key and it is his/her responsibility to safe keep the key until the time when the form teacher collects it back in Term 4.
- There will be a replacement cost of $2.50 for every lost key reported.
For P2-6 Lockers with external padlock required:
- Pupils are required to purchase their own padlocks.
- There are no restrictions on the type of padlock to be purchased. Pupils are reminded to buy a padlock of the correct size and proper strength.
- It is encouraged but not compulsory for pupils to purchase the padlock from the school bookshop to ensure the correct dimensions & strength required.
- Pupils are reminded to be responsible for their keys as the school does not have a duplicate key if the pupils lose their keys.
- Pupils must take full responsibility for the items stored in the lockers.
- Pupils are advised not to store any money or valuables in their lockers.
- Storage of any items that are illegal in nature, would cause or be likely to cause a health hazard, security risk, physical danger or a nuisance to the environment or other members of the school, is prohibited.
- In case of any loss or damage, pupils must report to their Form Teacher immediately.
2. Clearance and Return of Lockers:
- At the end of the academic year, pupils must clear their lockers. The school will announce an exact deadline. After this date, the school shall have the authority to open such lockers and dispose of all property found therein.
3. Violation of the locker regulations:
- Any violation of the locker regulations by the users may result in termination of the use of lockers.
4. The School shall not be liable in any circumstance for any loss or damage of property stored in any locker.
5. Thank you for using our lockers responsibly for the benefit of all pupils.